What is Positive Behaviour Support?
Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) is the most effective and proven way to support someone with behaviours of concern or challenging behaviours. Positive Behaviour Support can be used to bring about behaviour change in children and adults. This methodology is effective, person-centred and it can be practical.
The practitioners at Real Therapy Solutions work in our therapy model to provide behaviour support. This means that, like therapists, we use our time with you to get to know your needs, then review what the most suitable strategies are likely to work for you based on our assessment of the behaviour. It is a consultative process with the person and their support network.
Each Behaviour Plan is developed based on a thorough assessment of the person and their needs and each intervention is based on the individual needs.
Our Behaviour Support Practitioners are all registered with the NDIS Commission as NDIS Registered Behaviour Practitioners, however you do not need to be an NDIS participant to access our Behaviour Support or to have it work for you!
Our practitioners work with you to develop individualised strategies and plans. We give you a voice and help you build the life that you want. No two plans are the same because no two people are the same!. Our practitioners will meet and get to know you BEFORE developing your plan.
We are committed to spending our time supporting you and your needs. At Real Therapy Solutions, we understand the legal requirements of behaviour support and restrictive practices as outlined in the Behaviour Support Rules (2018) however we also know that Behavior Support is not only about the Support plan document; it’s about real people who are seeking real change.
Who is Behaviour Support for?
If you or someone you care for uses behaviours of concern as a way of communicating needs, behaviour support will identify these gaps and identify other tools and interventions to teach the person a better way of expressing these needs.
If this is you or someone you care for, our Specialist Behaviour Support Team can help.
Why choose Real Therapy Solutions to help with Behaviour Support?
- We have over 20 years of experience providing behaviour support.
- Plans are easy to read and follow, with practical and realistic strategies – NO TECHNICAL JARGON.
- No two plans are the same. They are not generalised behaviour management strategies.
- Our therapists are a part of a multidisciplinary team of psychologists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists and behaviour support practitioners working collaboratively with other professionals including (but not limited to) schools, paediatricians, case managers and other allied health professionals.
- We have extensive experience in understanding and documenting restrictive practices.
- All our practitioners are supervised by practitioners who have years of experience
- All our practitioners undergo our own competency-based training program in addition to the NDIS Commission self-assessment process.
- Other organisations come to us to train their practitioners in behaviour support.