Occupational therapy is a client-centred allied health profession that works with people across the life span to enhance their independence and participation in their meaningful daily activities. Occupational therapists encompass a whole-person perspective and work collaboratively with individuals, their families, and other supports to achieve their occupational therapy goals.
At Real Therapy Solutions, our occupational therapy supports are customised to your individual goals and aspirations to support you to maximise your functional outcomes.
Our occupational therapists have experience in working with a broad range of people living with varied disabilities and diagnoses.
Our clinicians work collaboratively with your existing networks i.e. family, friends, support coordinators, therapists and carers to understand your strengths and obstacles to achieving your goals.
Our clinicians can also work with your support network to ensure they can facilitate the achievement of your nominated outcomes, on a day to day basis, whether it is in the community, or at home i.e. cooking, self-care, or engaging in study or getting back to work.
Our services include:
- Intervention and Treatment programs for Children
- Attention and concentration
- Fine motor skills e.g. grasping, handwriting
- Gross motor skills e.g. balance, climbing, running, swinging
- Eating or drinking e.g. fussy eaters, limited food choices, fear of foods
- Learning e.g. remembering things, planning, problem-solving, organisation
- Self-care e.g. dressing, toileting, brushing teeth, washing, tying shoelaces
- Play and social skills
- Sensory, behavioural and emotional regulation e. g. helping to stay calm and alert to support other learning
- Visual awareness and communicating e.g. reading, spelling and general learning within the classroom
- Home modification assessment, design and planning
- Basic home modifications (Grab rails, Non-slip flooring, Lever taps, Step wedges)
- Home safety assessment
- Equipment / Assistive Technology prescription (wheelchairs, complex seating, pressure care, mattresses, hoists, scooters, lift chairs)
- Wheelchair and seating system prescription and fitting
- Activities of daily living (ADL) assessment and retraining
- Workplace assessments
- Functional Capacity Assessments
- Functional skill training – personal, domestic or community