With over 25 years’ experience, Amanda is passionate about working with adolescents and adults and helping others through practical application of Psychology and behaviour change. With a Master’s Degree in Psychology, she uses a variety of Psychological methods to support people and bring about life lasting change in their lives.
Amanda believes assessments and interventions need to be built on what we know works. That they need to be understood not only by the professional that conducts them but by the person who need to implement and follow them.
Amanda is qualified and experienced in a number of Psychological and behaviour change therapies including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Solution Focussed Therapy. A Neuro Linguistic Practitioner, Amanda is currently completing her Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy.
Amanda is also an Endorsed Forensic Psychologist with over 20 years’ experience supporting people with challenging behaviours. She is able to provide interventions’ and assessments for people who are involved in the criminal justice system and has a special interest in supporting people with cognitive disabilities in the criminal justice system.
Having previously conducted research in the field of Autism and Disabilities, worked for a number of Government Services including the Departments of Community Services, Ageing and Disability and Juvenile Justice, Amanda continues to contract to Government and non-Government Services.
Amanda is an experienced supervisor of Psychologists and Behaviour Practitioners across NSW and a highly sought after trainer in the field of Autism and Disabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
- Master’s Degree in Psychology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychology
- Certificate IV in Workplace Assessment and Training
- Endorsed Forensic Psychologist
- Neuro Linguistic Practitioner
- Currently completing Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Registered Psychologist with AHPRA
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society
- Member of the Early Childhood Intervention Australia
- Member of Australian Society for Study of Intellectual Disability